A new name, a new look, and a new site

11:12 PM 22 Comments



When I first started Kitchen Historic in 2011, I really had no idea what I was doing.

I was beginning to really get into my history degree and I enjoyed cooking, so I figured why not combine those interests and start a blog.

In the five years since then I have learned a lot about historical cookery. I've learned what a slow oven and a hot oven are. I've learned what butter the size of an egg is and what galangal is. I've learned to interpret vague instructions and to never use as many eggs as a recipe tells me to. I've struggled with issues of authenticity. It's been a great adventure, and I'm so thankful to have had many supportive readers along the way.

But after five years, it's time for change.

To be honest, this is something I've been thinking about for quite a while. And while I hope it won't cost me what I've built up over the years, I feel it's necessary. And it's time.

So the bad news is, I'm closing Kitchen Historic...

And opening a new, hopefully even better version!

My new blog is called Food Roots.
It's the same idea, same purpose, and same types of posts. It's just a new name, a new look, and a new URL. It's essentially an upgrade. I wanted to shed this old blog and move forward with something new and fresh.

This will be my last post on Kitchen Historic.
The blog and content will all stay here.
I'm still working out kinks and figuring out how I want things to be, but I hope you'll follow along with my new adventures over at Food Roots!
Please note that I will also be changing my twitter and facebook.

Thank you so much for everything,
Anje

Anje graduated with a Honours Bachelors degree in History with a minor in Museum Studies. She currently lives and works in Japan's least populous prefecture as an assistant English teacher.

22 comments:

  1. Thanks for your work, for educating us, and for your update posting. I wish you all the best in your new venture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're keeping Kitchen Historic around, since I love browsing through your "Resources" link. :) Thank you so much for all the posts you've done over the years and I look forward to keeping up with Food Roots! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your blog.It is really fabulous writing.Very informative article.
    paleoanthropology news

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see this blog good quality and excellent. I earn good knowledge and skill.
    http://pearlcacollege.com/MathsTution.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very good quality and sentence .i true your thoughts .i earn more things. Very help full for building my house.
    https://www.globalcompanyformation.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice one. Move forward with something new and fresh.
    compare airport parking

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whatever happened to the new blog?

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for sharing and keep posting like this.
    heathrow parking

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks a lot for the kind of perfect topic I have not a lot of information about it but I have got an extra unique info in your unique post. 192.168 l l

    ReplyDelete
  10. bếp từ chính hãng tại hà nội tại bếp hoàng gia địa chỉ uy tín số một tại Việt Nam. 0984568885

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have done incredible work and research with Kitchen Historic, I just love this site. Thank you for sharing this wealth of information. I look forward to your new Food Roots site,

    ReplyDelete
  12. The guideline viability of a private look that can help you generally keep, prepared yourself just as cause segments diet system just as to perform like endeavors similarly as with dishwashing.new lg refrigerator t making ice

    ReplyDelete
  13. so pleasant assortment never seen such uncommon things kitchen cloths. much obliged for sharing this data.new lg refrigerator not making ice

    ReplyDelete
  14. When I clicked the link to go to your new blog it came up with 'this sight can not be reached.' I love history and I love cooking and I'd really love to follow your new blog. Hope it can get fixed.

    ReplyDelete