A Recipe-less Post

12:52 PM 2 Comments



Firstly, I received a lovely comment this morning from Abby at things for boys. She has nominated me for the Sunshine Award, which is very kind! Apparently this award is given by bloggers to bloggers "who positively and creatively inspires others in the blogosphere." I'm a blogger of little words (maybe you noticed?) and I don't really do the whole award thing, but it was sweet nonetheless. Also, I don't really read any blogs to nominate, as embarrassing as that is to admit.

Secondly, this morning I stumbled across What's on the Menu?, a website run by the New York Public Library. This is an awesome way to get involved and to experience a hands-on approach to food history! The NYPL has a great collection of historical menus, and needs help transcribing them so that they are searchable. This will also allow them to compile data about the foods that were consumed in the past.

Thirdly, I have some great upcoming recipes to post in the upcoming week, including cherry fritters, black butter, and another macaroni and cheese recipe - with a twist! I'm interested to see how it will compare to the popularity of my first macaroni and cheese recipe.

And to my readers - thank you for reading my humble little blog! If anyone has any suggestions or dishes they would like to see, feel free to leave a comment.


Anje graduated with a Honours Bachelors degree in History with a minor in Museum Studies. She currently lives and works in Japan's least populous prefecture as an assistant English teacher.

2 comments:

  1. looking forward to a recipe for cherry fritters. Cherries are cheap here at the moment (imported the many thousands of kilometres from USA). I love your tea cup! I have a little collection of mismatched tea cups and this one would look great in my collection ;) It's probably best you don't start reading blogs, they can be very distracting and bad for your productivity. I think I logged on to look up an email and now I'm cruising blogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even drink tea, but I love pretty tea cups!
      If I had to pick one blog it would be Time Travel Kitchen (the link is on the sidebar to the right), but she is busy with a little one, so she isn't able to post very often, unfortunately.

      Delete